I finally got a time slot to order from Walmart. I really, really wanted to do Rotel with the Velveeta Queso Blanco, but they were out it. It is a good thing I had the Velveeta Original to use instead. Walmart used to “spoil” me, with my favorites like Salsa Verde Doritos. But that was also out of stock, so I had to use the Cool Ranch and Nacho Cheese Doritos.
- Ground Beef, 2 lbs
- Beef Chorizo, recommended: Cacique, 10 oz.
- Taco Seasoning, recommended: Williams, 2.5 oz (2 packages)
- Fiery Tasty Seasoning Mix, recommended: McCormick, 1 oz.
- Diced Tomatoes with Lime & Cilantro, recommended: Rotel, 10 oz.
- Diced Tomatoes Chunky with Green Chilies, recommended: Rotel, 10 oz.
- Diced Tomatoes Original with Green Chilies, recommended: Rotel, 10 oz.
- Cheese Pasteurized Original, recommended: Velveeta, 32 oz.
- Cool Ranch Tortilla Chips, recommended: Doritos, 5 to 7 per person or more
- Mirepoix with yellow onions, celery, and carrots, 10 oz.
- Cola or soda to thin out, to your preference, recommended: Coca Cola, ½ to 1 cup
- Jalapeño peppers Hot & Sweet, sliced, recommended: HyVee, as desired
- Sour Cream, recommended: Daisy, a dollop
- Cookie Baking Sheets Parchment Paper, recommended: Reynolds Kitchens, 1
- Freeze the Velveeta Cheese for 30 minutes (the foil only, not the box).
- Combine Ground Beef and Beef Chorizo in the same skillet that you will cook it in. No extra bowl to clean – Woot! I turned it 7 minutes then 8 minutes, so it was brown, about the same time as the freezer cheese.
- Drain the grease.
- Put the slow cooker liner in the crock pot and to that add the “cooked” Ground Beef/Beef Chorizo.
- Next add the Fiery Tasty and both Taco Seasoning packages and stir into meat.
- Add the Mirepoix next.
- Cut the cheese into 8 pieces (I cut through the foil) on top of the Parchment Cookie Sheets and then added it to the slow cooker
- Add the 3 cans of Diced Tomatoes on top.
- If it looks too thick, you can add some Cola to thin it out.
- Drain the meat grease; I used the empty Rotel can to dispose of the grease.
- Cook on low for 4 hours; stir to combine after 2 hours.
- Then I added a dollop of Daisy Sour Cream.
- I like to add the Sweet & Hot Jalapeño next.
- I crushed some Dorito Tortilla chips and put that on the top.
Check out the sample and get your copy here: Audible.com The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 4 Audiobook
PAPERBACK BOOKS BY SHALIMAR ALI:
Learn to Belly Dance Textbook & Certification Program: Dance Lessons & Choreographies For Students, Troupes, Performers… by Shalimar Ali (Aug 17, 2011)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 2 by Shalimar Ali (Dec 11, 2012)
The Vampire Dancer Saga by Shalimar Ali, Shalimarali and N/A (Jul 25, 2012)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 3 by Shalimar Ali (Apr 13, 2014)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 4 @ Amazon Kindle (June 13, 2016)