This meal reminds me of those good ole’ hot dog days.
- Pork Sausage Cooked Bratwurst Craft Beer, recommended: Silva Sausage, 4
- Soft Pretzel Sausage Buns, recommended: Pretzilla, 4
- Swiss Cheese Aged, recommended: Sam’s Choice, 4 slices
- Sauerkraut, recommended: Frank’s, 8 oz.
- Beer, recommended: Bud Light (or your favorite brand), 12 oz.
- Three Color Pepper & Onion Strips, frozen, recommended: Pictsweet, ¼ cup
- Liquid Smoke, recommended: Wright’s, 1 cap or less
- Celery Seeds, recommended: Tones, ¼ teaspoon
- Mustard, German/Organic, recommended: 365 Everyday Value, as needed
- Butter, Unsalted, ½ teaspoon
- Sherry Cooking Wine(or Vinegar), recommended: Holland House, 2 teaspoons
- Melt Butter with dry Celery seeds for 1 to 2 minutes on low, in medium stock pan.
- Score Sausage and then brown for 2 to 3 minutes in butter.
- Add 3 Color Pepper and Onion strips and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with Cooking Sherry (or Vinegar). I remove it from the fire first so there are no scary flames.
- Add Liquid Smoke, Drained Sauerkraut and Beer.
- Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes
- Butter the Buns and toast them.
- Add the German Mustard and then melt the Swiss cheese on the buns.
- Add the Sausage and top with Sauerkraut, Peppers & Onions
- Enjoy your meal! (Guten Appetit!).
PAPERBACK BOOKS BY SHALIMAR ALI:
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 4 @ Amazon Kindle (June 13, 2016)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 3 by Shalimar Ali (Apr 13, 2014)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 2 by Shalimar Ali (Dec 11, 2012)