Making Meatloaf gives you so many opportunities to experiment with different flavors. I started out cooking Meatloaf in an oven. But once I began using a Slow Cooker, I have not used the oven since. Meatloaf is so versatile that you can play with using Ground Beef, Italian Sausage, Ground Pork, Ground Turkey or add Chorizo for a Mexican-inspired Meatloaf. Instead of Ketchup, I normally use Condensed Tomato Soup for the topping. This time, I wanted something different, so I am using Tomato Basil Soup instead.
- Italian Sausage Mild, recommended: Great Value, 19 oz.
- Ground Beef, recommended: Great Value, 2 lbs.
- Meatloaf Seasoning, recommended McCormick, Two 1.5 oz. packets
- Cubed Stuffing Herb seasoned, recommended: Pepperidge Farm, 12 oz., divided (or use Salad Croutons)
- Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic & Oregano, recommended: Del Monte, 14.5 oz.
- Diced Tomatoes Petite with Jalapeno and Habanero, recommended: Del Monte, 14.5 oz.
- Tomato Basil Soup, recommended: Progresso. 19 oz.
- Mixed Vegetables with Carrots, Green Beans, Corn & Peas, frozen, recommended: Great Value, 12 oz.
- Mirepoix with diced Yellow Onion, Carrot and Celery, 8 oz.
- Garlic, diced, 10-11 cloves, divided ¾ and ¼
- Sweet Potatoes, frozen, diced, recommended: Great Value, 10 oz.
- Eggs, 3 Jumbo
- Balsamic Vinegar, 2 teaspoons
- Liquid Smoke, 1 capful
- Worcestershire Sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Soy Sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Optional: Disposal plastic gloves
- Optional: Reynold’s Slow Cooker Liners or Reynold’s Aluminum Foil for the cooking vessel
- Beat 3 eggs in a mixing bowl, and set aside
- Combine the Ground Beef with Italian Sausage in a (different) large mixing bowl.
- To the meat mixture, add in gradually, the Diced Tomatoes, Mirepoix, Mixed Vegetables, Stuffing Cubes, Meatloaf Seasoning, Balsamic Vinegar, ¼ Garlic and Eggs. This is a good time to use disposable gloves for mixing.
- If using a Slow Cooker, line the bottom of it with half of the Stuffing Cubes, Sweet Potatoes, ¾ Garlic, Liquid Smoke, Worcestershire Sauce and Soy Sauce. If using a pre-heated 350 degree oven, mix this with the meat mixture.
- Slow Cooker on High for 4 to 6 Hours or Low for 8 to 10 Hours, or Bake in 350 Pre-Heated oven for 1 hour.
- Top with Tomato Basil Soup during last 30 minutes of cooking time.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2020!
Check out the sample and get your copy here: Audible.com The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 4 Audiobook
PAPERBACK BOOKS BY SHALIMAR ALI:
Report this ad
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 4 @ Amazon Kindle (June 13, 2016)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 3 by Shalimar Ali (Apr 13, 2014)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 2 by Shalimar Ali (Dec 11, 2012)
Report this ad