I can fill an entire Monopoly board with the places I have lived.
In my personal board game version, I will only include places that I have rented or owned, and exclude family homes where I lived with my parents or aunt. So some spots on the board will be reserved for family homes.
CHEAP: RENTALS, You get what you pay for!
You know, the Dark Purple and Light Blue:
· Mediterranean: 2 Bedroom, 1 Bath apartment, on a busy street
· Baltic: 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath apartment, in the Village
· Oriental: 2 Bedroom, 1 Bath, apartment, in the Village, moving on up a bit
· Vermont: 2 Bedroom, 1 or 2 Bath duplex on Brush Creek, had cool sliding doors, a front and back deck
· Connecticut: 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath Townhouse in the Village (I finally had a 3rd bedroom to practice and teach dance. The backyard had a concrete deck for the patio and my first place with a basement. Woot!
A STEP UP: It costs to the be the boss
Now we are at the Fuchsia and Orange neighborhoods
· St. Charles: College Dorm, shared, co-ed, had food buffets, pizza delivery and concerts
· States: 2 Bedroom, 1 Bath house that used to be owned by my Grandad. My ex-hubby wanted it for the garage. Eventually, the neighborhood was flooded with drugs and that house was between two crack houses 😦
· Virginia TBA*
· St. James TBA*
· Tennessee TBA*
· New York TBA*
FANCY: HOME OWNERSHIP on the Red and Yellow side!
· Kentucky: 3 Bedroom , 1 Bath, Killer deck, Jacuzzi tub installed, Gas fireplace, Office
· Indiana TBA*
· Illinois TBA*
· Atlantic TBA*
· Ventnor TBA*
· Marvins Gardens TBA*
RITZY: HOME OWNERSHIP on the Green and Dark Blue!
· Pacific: 3 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath, Jacuzzi tub, Screened Front Porch, Basement dance room
· N. Carolina: 3 Bedroom, 2.5 Bath, Sunroom, Butler’s Pantry, Porte de Cochere, 2nd Floor deck
· Pennsylvania TBA*
· Park Place: 4 Bedroom, 2 Full/3 Half Bath, Hot Tub, Fence back yard, Suburbs, Pantry Room!
· Boardwalk: Pending repairs for ceiling/basement and upgrades to kitchen will turn Park Place into Boardwalk!
*TBA Places lived before 18 or when living with Mom, Dad or my Aunt.
When I rented my first 1 bedroom, 1 bath (Baltic), I never knew that one day, I would own a 4 bedroom house (Park Place) that had the potential to be Boardwalk one day. If I win the lottery, I am going to finish my basement and add tile to the kitchen. I would love to have a range hood and upgrade my gas stove that I have had for over 10 years.
THE VAMPIRE DANCER SAGA 5 IS COMING!
Check out the sample and get your copy here: Audible.com The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 4 Audiobook
The Vampire Dancer Saga Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4 are all Audiobooks now available at Audible.com and iTunes (click the word Audible or iTunes to open link to store).
PAPERBACK BOOKS BY SHALIMAR ALI:
SHALIMAR ALI BOOKS AT AMAZON
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 3 by Shalimar Ali (Apr 13, 2014)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 4 @ Amazon Kindle (June 13, 2016)