Well, I am late to this party. Breakfast for Dinner Day was last Tuesday, February 25th. But I will still celebrate this anyway. A new cooking trend is using muffin mix for pancakes. The muffin mix is so cheap at $.78 per package, I thought, what the heck, why not try it.
When I was a kid, we made everything from scratch. I used to make pancakes all the time. The recipe was so easy to remember: Dry: Flour, Sugar, Salt, Baking Powder and Wet: Eggs & Milk. Those were sort of plain, but tasted really good when topped with “Commodity” Syrup. One day, we got more money and could afford the Karo Syrup.
The benefit of using a muffin mix is that you can easily try new flavors, like Blueberry, Chocolate Chip, Strawberry, Apple Cinnamon, Wildberry or Cheesecake – all for the low, low price of $.78!
- Muffin Mix, Banana Nut, recommended: Martha White, 7.6 oz.
- Buttermilk, recommended: Anderson Erickson, 1 cup
- Butter, recommended: Great Value, 1 tablespoon
- Egg, Jumbo, 1 divided
- Cooking Spray of your choice, recommended: Pam for Baking
- Syrup of your choice, recommended HyVee Butter Pecan
- Divide egg white and yolk. Mix the egg white until frothy.
- Microwave the butter in the same bowl that you use for the muffin batter.
- Add the muffin mix and buttermilk and mix with beater.
- Fold in the egg white froth, but don’t over mix it.
- Heat the skillet for 2 to 3 and then spray it with cooking spray.
I used a 1/3 cup to measure the pancakes, cooking in batches. Because the mix has nuts in it, this took a bit longer to cook, perhaps 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Check out the sample and get your copy here: Audible.com The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 4 Audiobook
PAPERBACK BOOKS BY SHALIMAR ALI:
Learn to Belly Dance Textbook & Certification Program: Dance Lessons & Choreographies For Students, Troupes, Performers… by Shalimar Ali (Aug 17, 2011)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 2 by Shalimar Ali (Dec 11, 2012)
The Vampire Dancer Saga by Shalimar Ali, Shalimarali and N/A (Jul 25, 2012)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 3 by Shalimar Ali (Apr 13, 2014)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 4 @ Amazon Kindle (June 13, 2016)