Play that Funky Music by Wild Cherry or Funkytown by Lipps, Inc.
Then came along “Once More With Feeling” the Buffy the Vampire Slayer musical, Season 6, Episode 7 in Nov. 2001.
I guess that Limburger can be considered skeezy, stanky and only for the brave. I have an “iron gut” so I think I will survive this. If not, someone call 9-1-1!
I remember watching the 3 Stooges a long time ago, in an episode with Limburger cheese. They cracked me up. So in the name of science, I will try it. Maybe it won’t be so bad. After all, I like Feta cheese, Chitterlings and Kimchee.
- Prime Rib Beef Steak Patties, 4
- Limburger Cheese, recommended: Champion, 1 oz per patty
- Soft Pretzel Buns, recommended: Pretzilla, 4
- Liquid Smoke, recommended: Wright’s, 1 cap or less
- Soy Sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Worcestershire Sauce, 1 teaspoon
- Granulated Garlic, recommended: Hy-Vee, ¼ teaspoon
- Chicago Steak seasoning, recommended: Weber, ¼ teaspoon
- Granulated Beef Flavor Bouillon, recommended: Knorr, ¼ teaspoon
- Mushroom Rub Porcini, recommended: Manitou, ¼ teaspoon
- Truffle Zest, recommended: Sabatino, ¼ teaspoon
- Butter, Unsalted, ½ teaspoon, divided
- Balsamic Vinegar, 1 teaspoon
- Red onion, sliced
- Beefsteak Tomato, sliced
- Bacon, 1 slice per burger
- Sliced Dill Pickles, about 1 to 2 per patty
- Mustard, German/Organic, recommended: 365 Everyday Value, as needed
- I had to prep the burgers in advance and then freeze them. Make a well (indent) into each burger. Divide the Butter into 4 pieces, and place in the well on each burger.
- Mix the Liquid Smoke, Soy Sauce and Worcestershire Sauce, then apply evenly on burgers.
- Mix the Granulated Garlic, Chicago Steak seasoning, Granulated Beef Bouillon, Porcini Mushroom Rub and Truffle Zest. Apply evenly on top of wet rub.
- Bring patties to room temperature.
- Preheat a skillet and fry the bacon.
- Remove the bacon and fry the patties, 5 minutes, with butter-side down first, then 3 minutes on other side.
- Deglaze with Balsamic Vinegar.
- Add Limburger cheese to the 2nd side for 2 minutes and top with bacon.
- Remove patties and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Toast the Pretzel buns in the same skillet
- Slice the Tomato and Red onion.
- Add Mustard, Pickles, Tomato slice, Onion slice and Bacon on the bun. Top with the Burger and enjoy the funk!
On the “Funk-O-Meter” from 1 to 10, with Chitterlings being the funkiest # 10, I would rate Feta Cheese an 8 and Limburger Cheese a 4. It adds just extra “Umami” bomb of flavor. Sort of like an aged Swiss Cheese. Give it a try. You might like it.
Check out the sample and get your copy here: Audible.com The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 4 Audiobook
PAPERBACK BOOKS BY SHALIMAR ALI:
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 4 @ Amazon Kindle (June 13, 2016)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 3 by Shalimar Ali (Apr 13, 2014)
Report this ad
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 2 by Shalimar Ali (Dec 11, 2012)