I LOVE Mushrooms! I did not care for them as a kid, but now, the Shrooms rule!
Here is my take on an amped-up Beef/Mushroom Flavor Umami Bomb! How much beef can this Stroganoff handle? Well, there is:
- Beef Ground Chuck
- Beef Stroganoff Seasoning
- Cream of Beefy Mushroom Soup
- Beef Consommé Soup
- Beef Bouillon Cubes
- Ground Beef Chuck, 2 lb.
- Beef Stroganoff Sauce Mix, recommended McCormick, two 1.5 oz. packages
- Extra Wide Egg Noodles, 16 oz.
- Mushroom Pieces & Stems (drained), recommended Pampa, 5.3 oz.
- Aged Swiss Cheese Slices: 11, recommended Sargento, 7 oz.
- Baby Swiss Cheese Slices: 11, recommended Sargento, 7 oz.
- Sour Cream, recommended Daisy, 8 oz.
- Cream of Mushroom Condensed Soup, recommended Campbell’s, 10.5 oz.
- Cream of Beefy Mushroom Condensed Soup, recommended Campbell’s, 10.5 oz.
- Beef Consommé Condensed Soup, recommended Campbell’s, 10.5 oz.
- Sweet Peas (drained), 15 oz.
- Peas and Carrots (drained), 15 oz.
- Beef Bouillon Cubes, 2
- Red Onions diced, frozen, ¼ cup
- White Onions diced, frozen, ¼ cup
- Butter, 2 pats, divided
- Balsamic Vinegar, 2-3 teaspoons
- Worcestershire Sauce, 2 teaspoons
- Garlic (diced or minced), 5 – 7 cloves
- Olive Oil, ½ teaspoon
- Ground Parsley (dry), ¼ teaspoon
- Parsley (fresh), ½ teaspoon
- Water Bottle, 16.9 oz. (if you prefer to brown the beef, instead of boiling, you may want to just add a can of Beef Broth or water, per Stroganoff seasoning mix instructions)
- Boil Beef Chuck with water for about 20 – 25 minutes until it turns brown (instead of red or pink). Use potato masher to break it up every 5 minutes. Or, you can also brown it. However, the water creates a beef “broth” so that you can add the 2 packages of Stroganoff Seasoning, Worcestershire, Vinegar, Onions and Garlic. Let it cool.
- Melt 1 Butter pat and Olive Oil in pot with dry Parsley for 2 minutes. Add 2 Bouillon cubes, fill the pot with water and bring to a boil. Add Egg Noodles and boil for 11-13 minutes. Drain and mix in the remaining Butter pat and Fresh Parsley
- Mix the Cream of Mushroom, Creamy Beefy Mushroom, Beef Consommé, Sour Cream and Mushrooms and Peas & Carrots with the Egg Noodles
- Add half of the Noodle Mixture to the baking pan, top with 6 slices of cheese. Add a layer of the Beef Mixture and top with 6 sliced of cheese. Repeat Noodle Mixture with 6 slices of cheese and then Beef Mixture without cheese. Save 4 cheese slices for the final topping.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350.
- Add remaining cheese slices and bake an additional 10-11 minutes to melt the cheese on top
- Garnish with Fresh or Dry Parsley for presentation.
We eat with our eyes!
The Noodles have to bring their own flavor to the meal! So instead of just plain noodles boiled in water, you want to use the Butter, Olive Oil, Beef Bouillon and dry Parsley to flavor the noodles. So that when you bite a noodle, it has enough flavor to stand up to the beef. I used to add Kosher Salt or Extra Coarse Sea Salt to my pasta. But to lower my sodium intake, I am trying to use different –non-salty options to flavor the pasta.
I love how recipes are flexible. Sometimes, I am out of fresh herbs and need to use dry herbs instead. I usually have larger diced garlic in my recipes. But I just got a new garlic chopper which allowed me to mince smaller pieces. So I was able to use more garlic in the Stroganoff.
Great Balls of Fire! Beam up the Beef Scotty! Captain: Make it so. Engage!
Check out the sample and get your copy here: Audible.com The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 4 Audiobook
PAPERBACK BOOKS BY SHALIMAR ALI:
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 4 @ Amazon Kindle (June 13, 2016)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 3 by Shalimar Ali (Apr 13, 2014)
The Vampire Dancer Saga Part 2 by Shalimar Ali (Dec 11, 2012)